THE SECOND WRITTEN WORK
I Find six words:
II Put the words in the right order and make questions:
famous be I day will one-
pass will exam Matt his Maths-
Sunday Real Madrid win will next-
rain it tomorrow will-
school will leave soon you?-
III Write sentences. Use present continuous:
My friend /come/ tomorrow
I/ get up/ early
IV Fill in the gaps with the comparative or superlative form of the adjectives given.
- A rock is ____________ than a leaf. (heavy)
- Our house is _____________than yours. (big)
- The princess is ________________than the witch. (beautiful)
- Mary is the ______________girl in the class. (thin)
- That is the _______________sofa in our house. (comfortable)
V Put the verbs in the Past continuous
1.We (not / cycle) ______________all day.
- While Alan (work) _____________in his room, his friends (swim) ____________in the pool.
- I tried to tell them the truth but they (not / listen) ________________.
VI Listen and write TRUE or FALSE
- Peter was born in Manchester.
- He worked as a shop assistant when he was young.
- He is not married.
- He’s got 2 children, a son and a daughter.
- They live in Oxford now.