Inicijalni test za 8. razred
I First conditional or second conditional?
Complete each of the following conditional sentences with the proper verb tense:
1. If we go to Mexico, you _________ real Mexican food. (eat)
2. If you went to Mexico, you _________ real Mexican food.(eat)
3. If he _________ more, he’d play better. (practice)
II Gerund or infinitive
- She expects people ______________ her, but she never helps anyone! (help)
5. My doctor advised me_______________ smoking. (quit)
6. Please stop ________________. I can hear you fine! (shout)
7. I don’t feel like __________________. (cook)
8. Would you mind _________________window? It’s very hot in here. (open)
III THE PASSIVE VOICE: Describe what everyone does, changing each active voice sentence into a passive voice sentence:
EX: John buys the food. –> The food is bought by John.
9. Thomas washes the dishes. –> The dishes __________________ by Thomas.
10. Frank feeds the dogs. –> The dogs __________________ by Frank.
11. Maria prepares the food. –> The food _________________ by Maria.
IV TAG QUESTIONS :Complete each sentence with the correct tag question. This particular exercise uses PRESENT and FUTURE tenses. Make sure you place the apostrophe „‘“ in the right place:
EX: Mary likes him, doesn’t she?:
Top of Form
12.He plays football, _______________
13. Mary is going to see that movie, _______________
14.You’re living in France, ___________________
15. You live in France, ___________________
16. Thomas is coming over tonight, ___________________
V PAST SIMPLE OR PRESENT PERFECT? Choose which verb tense (simple past or present perfect) sounds more natural.
Top of Form
I ________ tennis since I was 15, and I still play at least once I week. (play)
Bottom of Form
- I ________ tennis last summer. (play)
VI Simple Past or Past Continuous? | Choose which verb tense (simple past or past continuous) completes each sentence in a logical, natural-sounding way: Top of Form
19.I _____________________when you rang. I didn’t hear you come in. (sleep)
- Bottom of Form
20. P1: What ____________________yesterday at 2 o’ clock? P2: I was watching TV.