THE SECOND WRITTEN WORK
I Make nouns from the following verbs
celebrate- govern- predict- suggest- argue-
II Complete the sentences with words for special occasions
- Andy and Jill have invited 300 g___________ to their wedding.
- Mum is in the kitchen. She’s making a c______________ for my brother’s birthday.
- On New Year’s Eve there’s a p___________________ through the streets of our town.
- For Christmas people in England and America d_______________ Christmas trees.
- People wear unusual c_______________ at the carnival in Venice.
III Complete the sentences with the right form of the verbs in brackets ( The first conditional)
|1) They (go) will go to the party if they are invited.|
|2) If I (not go) ________________to bed early, I will be tired tomorrow.|
|3) If we eat all this cake, we (feel) ________________sick .|
|4) She will stay in London if she (get) ___________________a job.|
|5) If you don’t want to go out, I (cook) ________________dinner at home.|
|6) I will come early, if you (want) ____________________ .|
IV Complete the sentences with the right form of the verbs in brackets ( The second conditional)
|1) He (not get) wouldn’t get a better job if he didn’t pass that exam.|
|2) I (buy) _________________a new dress if I had enough money. ..|
|3) She would cook dinner if you (go) _________________to the supermarket.
4. If John (like) _________________ jezz, he would come to the concert.
V Complete the conversations. Use words from the list A and the list B, A-Have a; Enjoy; Nice; I had; Help
B- a great time; yourself; yourself; to see you; good holiday
- A:Hi, Julie. B: Oh, hi, Mike!_______________________________
- Dad, I’m going skateboarding with Denise, OK? B: OK. ______________________________________
- A: I’m going to the Caribbean tomorrow. B: _______________________________________
- Could I have one of these biscuits? B: Yes, of course. __________________________________
- A: It was good to see you, Steve. B: Thanks for inviting me. ___________________________________